The airline and tour operator Jet2 will resume flights and package holidays to Cyprus from this week after services were halted due to the Omicron variant.
Busy flights will depart from Leeds Bradford, Manchester and London Stansted airports to Paphos tomorrow (Saturday February 12), with customers flying out for some much-needed sunshine on the Mediterranean island.
This marks the start of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays once again operating to the popular holiday destination from all 10 UK bases – (Belfast International, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, London Stansted and Newcastle ).
Services will also restart to Paphos on Sunday from Newcastle and East Midlands, followed by Birmingham (February 16), Glasgow (February 26), Edinburgh (March 16) and Belfast International (March 30).
Flights and holidays will depart from Bristol Airport to Paphos for the first time from March 6.
The resumption of services to Paphos comes after the removal of restrictions for fully vaccinated customers arriving in the UK, which saw holidaymakers flock to book flights and holidays.
Services are also resuming to Larnaca from nine bases (Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, London Stansted and Newcastle) from March 27.
Steve Heapy, Managing Director of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We are delighted to restart our award-winning flights and holiday packages to Paphos and to see our flights take off again to the beautiful island of Cyprus.
“Since travel started to return to normal, we have seen strong demand from guests looking to make the most of a well-deserved getaway in the sun, with Paphos proving to be a very popular choice of destination. vacation.”
Here is the recovery of the Jet2 program:
- Belfast International – flights and holidays start again from March 30, with weekly services available on a Wednesday from the base.
- birmingham – bi-weekly services (Wednesday and Sunday) restart from February 16.
- Bristol – launch of a new line on 6 March, with weekly services on Sundays from the base from this date.
- Edinburgh – weekly Wednesday services resume from March 16.
Do you dream of when you can go on vacation again and where it could be? Want the latest travel and vacation news delivered straight to your inbox to help you plan ahead?
Sign up here for regular updates on the latest travel advice, as well as the best destinations and wonderful places to stay after Covid.
When you subscribe, we use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they will include recommendations for other newsletters or related services that we offer. Our privacy notice explains in more detail how we use your data and your rights. You can unsubscribe anytime.
- East Midlands – flights and holidays resume on February 13, with weekly Sunday services available from the base. This is changing to two weekly services (Wednesday and Sunday) from March 2.
- Glasgow – two weekly services (Wednesday and Saturday) restart from February 26 to Paphos from the base.
- Leeds–Bradford – flights and holidays restart on February 12, with weekly Saturday services available from the base. Additional Wednesday services will also be available from March 2.
- Manchester – operations to Paphos resume from February 12, with three weekly services (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday) offered.
- Newcastle – weekly Sunday services restart from the base on February 13.
- London Stansted – weekly Saturday services resume from February 12.
For more stories of where you live, visit In your region.